More than 2,600 years ago, two countries had about one. The location is in Hongshui, west of Tancheng County, Henan Province. The warring parties were Chu and Song.
Song’s head is called Song Xianggong. The situation was originally favorable to Song, because the battlefield was on their side, and the Chu army had to cross the river to fight. So someone suggested preemption. Xianggong said, no, they haven’t crossed the river yet.
So, can I fight after crossing the river? It doesn’t work either. Xianggong said they haven’t set up the queue yet. So wait and wait until the Chu army waits for battle. What were the results? When the invincible Song Jun lost ground, even Xianggong himself was injured.
So everyone blamed him after the war. Xianggong disagreed. He said: You have to make an appointment with a fan!
Why, war is a treaty? Spring and autumn was right. At that time, state-to-state relations were fraternal. State states belonged to the same alliance of nations. Member states hit member states. They couldn’t come as soon as they could. Zhou Tianzi had to order in accordance with the rules. Unfortunately, in the Spring and Autumn Period, the authority of the chief helmsman was not great. However, the formalities of filing must be routine, and the other party and other countries must be notified. The division is anonymous, and war cannot be declared without declaration. If you violate this rule, everyone will come to you.
After the declaration of war, we have to choose the battlefield. The battlefield is generally in the frontier, so it is called the frontier; most of the frontier is the field, so it is called the field battle. But the field is not brutal, nor barbaric, but polite. After the army arrived, they did not start fighting immediately. Instead, they set up camp and built up their strengths, and then sent envoys to exchange greetings, and politely discussed how to fight.
Such as the battle of the city. The commander over Chu was Cheng Dechen, and the head of state over Jin was present in person.
Before the war, Chu Shuai first sent a messenger to declare war: Lao national soldiers long praised your army’s heroic and wary name, and urged the great king to approve them to do a gladiator game. The king leaned on the car to watch.
The emperor Jin Wengong sent an emissary to answer: The monarch’s widow prince has received the command of the marshal. The reason why the widow is stationed here is only to keep his promise, how dare he resist the mighty division of your country? However, since Laos has not yet received a truce from your army, you have to ask the messenger to tell your generals: drive a chariot, be loyal to the state, and see you tomorrow morning. The princes of the Spring and Autumn Period had to use diplomatic rhetoric even with the treaty. Even the declaration of war must be said to have not been ordered by your armies. This is called civilization, also called Fan’er.
When it comes to playing, it’s the same. The specific performance is to talk about the rules of the game. There are six rules for the Spring and Autumn War:
1. Don’t cut it: The envoy is sacred and inviolable at any time, regardless of his position.
2. Don’t use obstacles: You can’t use the terrain to stop the enemy in dangerous places. You must have a decisive battle in the open area.
3. No drums and no queues: The other side cannot beat the drums to advance until the opponent’s position is set.
4. No serious injuries: heavy is repetition, not serious. It is normal for the battlefield to be killed during the war. Injuries are more common, but as long as the opponent is injured, both sides must stop fighting to exit the battlefield and let the wounded go back for treatment.
5. Do not capture Er Mao: Er Mao is an old man with gray hair, and cannot be captured.
6. Don’t go north: North is defeated. Failure to drive north means that the enemy cannot chase when it retreats. Chasing is also possible, limited to fifty steps. So in spring and autumn, fifty steps can laugh a hundred steps. Because it’s safe to run fifty steps, what do you do one hundred steps?
Song Xianggong insisted on these six inaccuracies. Following these rules of the game is called Fanfan. But why is there a child in war? Because the war at that time was a matter of civilized people and the privilege of nobles. This requires a gentleman’s demeanor, which is not just polite, but more importantly, abiding by the rules of international relations.
The norms of international relations were the embodiment of Chinese civilization at that time. When Song Xianggong insisted on these principles but was ridiculed, the world has changed. The battle for hegemony becomes a merger, and the covenant becomes a killing.
This situation can be reminiscent of memory, but it was gone.