On a hot summer day, mung bean soup is a summer drink that the common people often drink. Mung beans are rich in protein, polyphenols, vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, iron and other minerals, not only can heat, cool off, but also diuretic and smooth blood pressure, so, in the summer, drink some green bean soup or mung bean porridge good for health.
Is green bean soup green or red?
When cooking green bean soup, many people will find that even the same bag of mung beans, the color of the soup may be different, sometimes green, sometimes red, what is going on? It turned out that this is related to a nutrient in mung beans.
Mung beans contain polyphenols and have antioxidant effects. Polyphenols are sensitive, and if they come into contact with oxygen in the air, they will oxidize and discolor when heated at high temperatures. Therefore, when making mung bean soup, if the lid is covered, the cooking time is not long, and the soup is green. If the lid is opened, the cooking time will be longer, the polyphenols will be oxidized, and the mung bean soup will be red.
From the perspective of heatstroke and heat, the green mung bean soup may be the best, because the polyphenols in the mung bean skin have a certain inhibitory effect on the temperature regulation center, which can help the heat to a certain extent. . Polyphenols have a certain inhibitory effect on the temperature regulation center. Of course, it is not that you can’t drink it when you cook it in red. You can still drink it, but from the point of view of obtaining polyphenols and diuresis, it is better to cook green.
If you want to get rid of the heat, you can drink it with green bean soup for 10 minutes: If you want to eat green bean paste, you need to cook for 30 to 60 minutes to boil the mung bean.
● Do not use iron pot when cooking green bean soup, otherwise it will accelerate the destruction of polyphenols in mung bean, and the effect is better with casserole.
● Do not add sugar when cooking green bean soup. If you must add it, you can add a small amount of rock sugar to taste after cooking.
● Do not use mung bean soup instead of dinner or drinking water. Under the premise of no physical discomfort, you can control the amount of drinking yourself. It is best to make a meal between meals.
● Drink at room temperature, try to drink less or not drink the refrigerated mung bean soup, so as not to cause abdominal pain, diarrhea and other discomfort.
● Mung bean soup is generally safe, suitable for all ages. If the gastrointestinal tract is weak, drink mung bean soup, abdominal pain, diarrhea, stop drinking.