Many children don’t like to brush their teeth, and many parents think that the establishment and maintenance of their child’s brushing interest is a very difficult task. In fact, as long as it is easy to catch cockroaches, the establishment and maintenance of children’s brushing interest is a gradual process.
Children’s brushing interest is established mainly through the following two ways:
1. Imitate the brushing action of adults. Parents are the children’s first teacher, and the influence of parents’ behavior on children is far-reaching.
When brushing your teeth every day, parents should consciously let the children look around. Over time, the child will naturally have the urge to brush his teeth. In this way, the parent’s brushing posture will affect the child invisibly. It can be seen that parents must first have the correct brushing action.
2. I feel that brushing your teeth is fun, and the process of brushing your teeth is the process of playing. Especially when using music toothbrushes and animal toothbrushes.
For example, if your child likes a monkey, then you can buy him a monkey-shaped toothbrush that he feels special when he brushes his teeth. Because he thought that the little monkey would brush his teeth with him and watch him brush his teeth clean.
These two pathways are consistent with the psychological developmental characteristics of children at the time. When children between 3 and 5 years old are full of curiosity about everything in the world, they feel that everything is fun and they want to try everything. Therefore, as long as the parents take advantage of the situation and promptly let the children try to brush their teeth, the establishment of brushing habits should not be a problem.
Many parents feel that it is easy to establish a child’s interest in brushing their teeth. It is very difficult for them to stick to it. This is a common phenomenon and is also related to the child’s psychological development at the time. As we already know, the children at this stage are very curious and want to get whatever they want. But this interest is short-lived and easy to transfer.
How to exercise your child’s habit of brushing your teeth?
1. From the age of 1 independent gargle: parents can use fingertips to help 0 ~ 2 years old baby to clean teeth. When the child reaches the age of one, the parents can consciously train the child to gargle independently, so that the child is accustomed to the special procedure of letting water be imported without swallowing.
2. Brushing the hands: Starting at about 2 and a half years old, the deciduous teeth are all long, parents should carefully and patiently teach the children to brush their teeth, let the children master the basic movements of brushing teeth, and cultivate the habit of brushing teeth.
3. Prepare children’s dentures and toothbrushes: When children just learn to brush their teeth, their interest will be stronger. Parents should fight iron and keep their interest. You can bring your child to buy your favorite tooth care products, choose a soft toothbrush and a good-looking children’s toothbrush to increase your interest in brushing your teeth.
4. Children are easily interested in a variety of interesting experimental phenomena. Parents can go to a dentist’s office or a new pharmacy to buy plaque display agents and do dental cleaning experiments with their children. Plaque display agents are non-toxic and can be swallowed. Parents can use a cotton swab to rub the medicine on the child’s teeth, and then let the child see how the color of the teeth changes in the mirror. The child will be surprised to find that where the teeth have tartar, the agent appears red. In this way, parents can check if the child’s teeth are clean, or take the opportunity to remind the child to pay attention to the teeth cleaning.
5. Determine the brushing time of the whole family: If the parents are busy with work, they can choose to brush their teeth at a certain time in the evening or on the weekend. Let the children feel that brushing their teeth is not a special request for him, but something that everyone is used to, and is a good habit.